Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nights of Rain and Stars (Maeve Binchy)

I've made reference to Nights of Rain and Stars in a past post, so I thought it was about time to write a description and brief review of this novel by Maeve Binchy

Four strangers from different countries end up in a Greek village.  They have all ended up here, trying to escape from the realities of their own lives.  Tragedy strikes the town and the stories of these four individuals begin to intertwine.  Through the experiences, tales, and advice from some older and wiser individuals in Aghia Anna, the four strangers begin to face their problems and find solutions to the questions they have been asking themselves. 

I enjoyed this book... It took me a while to get into, but once I got to know the characters, I really started to feel for them and started to create the endings that I wanted to happen.  (Isn't that one of the things that happens when you're reading?  I often think I have the perfect ending, but sometimes what I want to happen isn't what happens in the end...)

Maeve Binchy has a long list of novels, and I will definitely keep her on my "to read" Reading List.

No comments:

Post a Comment