Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey (E.L. James)

I was so excited that summer was finally here, mainly because I knew that summer means no teaching for a couple of months and more time to do the things I love to do.  However, being in my mid-twenties and only a couple years into my career, I made a last minute decision and I'm doing what I have to do to make myself more employable - I moved away 4 hours north from my already-northern-Ontario community to take an additional qualification!  Having summer school (and homework!) will definitely cut into my summer reading for the next couple of weeks...

That being said, I did have time during this first week of summer school to finish up the first book in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy by E.L. James - I've been slacking for a few days, though, before I've finally gotten around to writing this.

 The book is about the roller coaster relationship between Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.  The two meet by chance as Anastasia interviews Christian for a college newspaper article.  After this interview, their whole relationship starts to grow and develop.  Their relationship, however, is much different than what society views as the normal relationship. 

I liked the book.  It's definitely interesting and exciting and keeps you intrigued.  For the first half of the book, I was reading every spare minute I had - at home, of course, because I wouldn't bring my hard copy of the book into public! 

There is still so much that you are waiting to find out about the characters after this first book.  It ends very suddenly and makes you want to immediately start the second book in the trilogy. What happens next?  Why is he acting this way?  What is she thinking? 

Forgive me if the speed at which I bust out my reviews this month is slow... After working on my "homework," sometimes I just don't have the energy in me to read any more!

2 comments:

  1. Dig deep! Find the energy! The next two books are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on page 164 of book 2! I'm enjoying the second book more than the first - must. find. time!

      Delete