Sunday, December 20, 2015

Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me (Howie Mandel)

I had received Howie Mandel's book as a gift so I was excited when I finally had an opportunity to take some time to read it.  I had chosen this book as my "A book that is funny" choice, since I had recently been watching a lot of "America's Got Talent" and realized how funny I think Howie Mandel is. 

I loved this book.  It was the perfect mix of funny, embarrassing, heartwarming, and honest.  Howie speaks truthfully about his ADHD and "germophobia" and helps us to truly understand the challenges that he goes through.  It puts these issues in a whole new light and allows us to begin to understand the complexities of the OCD he faces. 

There were so many funny stories in the book where Howie recounts pranks he pulled on others and encounters he's had with various people.  There were also more serious stories, where he talks about health concerns and other struggles. 

Though the book is a little more dated now, since it discusses Howie's days on the TV show Deal or No Deal, it's still recommended by me since it's equally as funny and true.  I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who likes nonfiction, Howie Mandel, or comedy. 

My 2015 Reading List Update

  • A popular author's first book
  • A book that was originally written in a different language
  • A book written by an author with your same initials - In a Class by Itself (Sandra Brown)
  • A memoir - Some Girls: My Life in a Harem (Jillian Lauren)
  • A funny book - Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me (Howie Mandel)
  • A book with a colour in the title
  • A book you own but have never read - Six Years (Harlan Coben)
  • A book with a one-word title
  • A book written by someone under 30
  • A book you can finish in a day
  • A book with non-human characters
  • A book set during Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment