Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed (E.L. James)

One of my favourite places to enjoy a book
during the summer... On the dock by the lake!
Well, I officially finished the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James yesterday.  I'm still not too sure what to think of the books.  I don't want to give anything away for those who want to read all three, so maybe I'll just make some general comments.

First of all, I am very excited to be done these books.  Now, whenever someone asks me, "Are you reading the Fifty Shades books?" I can just reply, "Not right now..." or "No."  

Of the three books, I would definitely say that I liked the second one the best, "Fifty Shades Darker."  I just found there was a lot more substance in that book than there was in the first one, so I was more interested in it.  I enjoyed the third one, but I still felt like there were a few things I was kind of missing at the end of it.

They're not the typical kind of book that I read, but I found that they kept my interest for the most part.  I didn't breeze through them as quickly as I thought I would (considering all the hype they have been getting lately...)

And let's just add that a duck was
ready to eat my foot
while I was out reading
on Tuesday.
*If you read the first book and enjoyed it, then I would safely say that you will enjoy the rest of the trilogy.

*If you read the first book and weren't sure about it (kind of like me), maybe give the second book a chance.  The "content" and "plot" picks up a bit in the second book. 

*If you read the first book and just couldn't handle it, skip the rest of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment